GrassProtecta® grass reinforcement mesh is a heavy duty thick HDPE plastic mesh that is installed directly onto existing grass surfaces to reinforce, protect and stabilize. Grass Protection mesh is perfect for grass surfaces that are prone to wear and rutting which can result in muddy surfaces that become incapable of withstanding vehicle traffic (car & trucks) or pedestrian applications (paths and walkways). TYPAR GrassProtecta® has been developed with an oscillated mesh structure which is designed to increase traction and improve slip resistance. GrassProtecta® is a cost effective solution for :
- Grass car parking lots
- Grass parking
- Overflow grass parking lots
- Pedestrian and bike paths
- Handicap grass access routes
- Manufactured to ASTM F 1951-08 for ADA Accessibility
- Grassed light aircraft landing pads and taxiways
- Equestrian surface reinforcement
- Grass shoulders
- Motor home access and bays
- Lawn parking
- R.V. parks
- Playground areas
- Environmentally sensitive areas
GrassProtecta® grass protection mesh is supplied on 6.56ft x 65.6ft (2m x 20m) & 3.28ft x 32.8ft (1m x 10m) rolls in two thicknesses 0.55 & 0.45 inches (11mm & 14mm) as determined by the application. The grass stabilization mesh is manufactured from HDPE polyethylene (Approx 20% recycled polymer).
Installation is simple; After cutting the grass short, the grass protection mesh is unrolled and secured to the surface using metal U-Pins or plastic fixing pegs. By allowing the grass to grow through the plastic mesh apertures, GrassProtecta® grass stabilzer mesh allows the grass blade to intertwine with the plastic mesh filaments creating a strong, discreetly reinforced grass surface capable of withstanding vehicle loads, limiting damage and reducing soil compaction. GrassProtecta® can also be installed onto newly landscaped areas with the soil seeded as required. Installation and design specifications are available by downloading the relevant document on the left or by contacting us directly.
TYPAR strongly advises that GrassProtecta® turf protection mesh, that has been installed onto an existing grass surface, remains unused until the grass has grown through the plastic net and a strong interlock has been achieved. This could be after a few weeks during the growing season or up to a few months (up to 8 months) out of the growing season depending on your location. This is to allow the grass to fully grow through the grass reinforcement mesh and allow the grass blade to create the strong interlock with the mesh strands. If the surface is used immediately grass growth may take a longer period of time and may limit the effectiveness of the product.
GrassProtecta® grass reinforcement grid provides :
- High level of grass reinforcement – up to 8 tons per axle (imposed load)
- Fast and cost effective installation compared to plastic grass paving grids
- Up to 97% improved slip resistance compared to the standard grass protection meshes
- A reinforced stabilized natural grass surface that is porous and permeable and lets rainwater naturally penetrate the ground below
- Ability to mow grass as usual
- Allows grass parking on previously unusable grass surfaces
GrassProtecta® can be used in source control applications in accordance with LID & NPDES guidelines for water management and is the perfect alternative to impermeable paved surfaces where natural grassed traffic routes and driveways are preferred and where planning restrictions are applied or cost savings are being considered.
Please note we recommend the following quantities of U-Pins per roll:
6X65′ rolls – 4 packs,
3×32′ rolls – 2.5 packs (3 for a single roll)