Turfprotecta™ turf reinforcement mesh is an extruded plastic mesh for the protection, stabilization and reinforcement of grass and turf for pedestrian, light vehicle and occasionally trafficked applications. Turf reinforcement mesh stabilizes the grass by allowing the grass to interlock with the plastic mesh structure creating a strong reinforced grassed surface. TurfProtecta™ grass protection mesh is ideal for pedestrian and light vehicle use, overflow car parking lots and airport taxi-ways.
Applications for Turfprotecta™ turf reinforcement mesh include:
- Overflow parking lots
- Grass residential access and parking space
- Grass Paths
- Wheelchair / Handicap access paths
- Golf Cart Paths
After installing turf reinforcement mesh, it is essential that the plastic stabilization mesh area be left unused to enable the grass roots to intertwine with the plastic mesh filaments.
This may take up to one growing season where grass growth is slow or where the product is installed out of the growing season. The reinforced surface will soon resume its natural appearance with the turf reinforcement mesh disappearing below the surface of the grass providing a reinforced surface that will withstand the weight of cars and heavy pedestrian use. TurfProtecta™ grass reinforcement mesh is available in black & green in a heavy grade and is manufactured from 100% recycled HDPE plastic.
Turfprotecta™ is an ideal ground reinforcement mesh for grassed areas prone to mud and rutted ground particularly in wet conditions for light vehicle or pedestrian applications.
During the growing season TurfProtecta™ can be laid and ready for use within just a few weeks as the grass grows quickly through the mesh apertures. Out of season it is advisable to ensure a longer period before use. If installed in the winter months, we advise not to use the area until early to mid spring or when the mesh has been fully covered by the grass growth.
Plastic meshes can become slippery in wet conditions when the grass has not been given time to grow through the mesh apertures.
Please note we recommend the 3 packs of U-Pins per roll.
A full installation procedure is shown below for Turf reinforcement netting
Boddingtons Incorporated’s turf reinforcement mesh is a strong HDPE plastic mesh that can provide excellent grass stabilization if installed as directed on well drained level ground.
Once fixed in place grass will grow through the turf netting. The grass can be cut, rolled and fertilized as required with mower blades set high for the first few cuts. When fully established (normally a full growing season will be required) the plastic mesh will be invisible and the grass will have a normal appearance.
Existing Grassed areas
1. Fill any depressions with a 70:30 mixture of sharp sand and topsoil, level and firm. Cut grass short.
2. Unroll the plastic mesh and fix one end using metal U-Pins. Pull tight, and pin every 3ft on either side of the mesh ensuring mesh lies flat to surface. (Fix at lesser intervals if required by using more pins)
3. Overlap adjacent mesh rolls by 4 inches and repeat the process.
4. Secure overlaps and all external edges every 3ft (less if required).
5. When laid flat and securely, a dressing of good quality sandy topsoil may be applied over the mesh (not essential). Ensure that the mesh filaments are covered and the apertures are filled. This will help promote root growth around the mesh.
6. Any areas that have been levelled with sandy topsoil should be seeded.
7. The installed area should be left unused until the grass has become fully established over the mesh.
8. Initial mowing / cutting can be done, but set mowers to cut fairly high so that contact with the plastic is not made. When the grass is established and the roots are entwined with the mesh, cut the grass normally.
Newly Sown Areas
1. Ensure that the surface is level, filling any uneven areas with a mixture of sharp sand and topsoil. Remove any debris, stones or rocks.
2. Thoroughly prepare the surface until firm.
3. Continue with steps 2-8 from above
Please note that the information above is given as a guide only. Boddingtons Incorporated cannot be liable for damage caused by incorrect installation of this product. Final determination of the suitability of any information or material for the use contemplated and the manner of its use is the sole responsibility of the user and the user must assume all risk and responsibility in connection therewith.